Monday, September 2, 2013

Tony Moly Tomatox Magic Massage pack...

pic from Tonymoly, deco by me 
Check it out- another produce win from Tony Moly! LOL *happy dance*  Tomatox claims to be anti-inflammatory (!!!), moisturizing, balancing and brightening.

Being the savvy shopper I am, I first ordered some samples from outstanding seller f2plus1 on ebay. Then being the dork I am I got mixed up as to how to use the pack! See, the package arrived right as I walked out the door to go camping for the weekend. I was totally stoked to use it that evening so THINKING IT WAS A SLEEPING PACK I tore open a packet and started spreading it on. Well, needless to say it is NOT a sleeping pack so I ended up hiding out in my tent for 10min and feeling like I wasted that packet.
 

 
The product is actually a smooth, snowy white cream. (There are occasional large grains of...IDK. They're scratchy but if you're careful they just sit in the cream on your face and aren't a problem.) I was unreasonably excited to find that the tomato jar has a wee spatula sitting on the inside plastic cover. So you use that to scoop out, oh 1/4tsp or so, and blob around on your face before massaging it all over. It is thick and a bit tacky but spreads super-easily. I leave it on for about 20min during which time it dries but doesn't tighten up or anything. It also washes off VERY easily. It just emulsifies and- zwip! Rinsed away. At least for me, it leaves a white film so I always use toner afterward.
 
It's pretty strongly fragranced and I was relieved to not have irritation from it. At first it smelled tomatoey but perfumey and I went *blech*. But, like all the other Korean beauty scents I've experienced, it grew on me. Now it smells fresher, greener, but still not what I'd call "natural."
 
Obviously, my top desire was for the anti-inflammatory part to be true and YES! It is. It really calms my skin when it's red and icky and even shrinks my big, red zits a little. (*ahem* Zits? I meant to say 'trouble.' The Korean wording sounds much nicer!) And yep, it relieves dryness too. I use it nightly and, it goes without saying, I bought the whole tomato :-)
 
Now technically, if you're a calm sleeper you could sleep in it once it's dry. But you will look like you have Clown White makeup on.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment