Thursday, October 24, 2013

Ultimately unimportant...and totally EXCITING! *UPDATE*


Ok, so maybe this is something only a few people would be excited about. But that's what my blog is for- the exciting stuff nobody in my physical life actually gets! Anyway, the big thing is...I placed my first-ever Rakuten order! LOL. I feel like a worldly, global consumer. (Not a dumb 'merican that can't read any of the Japanese in the confirmation email.) Oh the things we get excited over, right? But there's enough English in there for me to see that yes, I have ordered this:


 
 
I ordered "aqua" (no surprise there), the bottom color. (They were sold out of a similar top in lavender or my bank account would have taken even more of a hit! LOL)The seller is osharewalker, and I couldn't find any of the stuff they carry anywhere else online. So I screwed up my courage and went for it, even though they're not a shop that specifically caters to global customers. (e.g. They don't promise to correspond in English.) But Rakuten has a lot of helpful ordering info, and as I said, the shop's confirmation email had enough English specs for me to see that I was ordering the right item and they had my name and address all correct.
 
Have y'all in the States ever ordered from Rakuten?
 
Has there been a "momentous" shopping experience in your life? (This is not my potential first. I've had many throughout my life where I thought, "Yeeeeessss, I have arrived." Where? Some happy place known only in my own psyche. LOL)
 
Novel-length Update after the jump...


*UPDATE*
Well, after much back and forth bs with my bank (actually, Columbia Credit Union) my purchase is on it's way to me. I should say there was no bullshit from the seller AT ALL. They rocked and ran my damn card about six times. Never worked. The first time, I got a call from CCU's automated fraud line so I authorized the purchase and thought, ok all done. Nope. Finally, I just called the flipping CU and, low and behold, they had decided not to allow their debit cards to be used in Japan AT ALL. Or any other country they see fit, any given day. Hah!  Closed my account the next day. Opened at a new CU down the road that asks me to pre-auth overseas purchases, but let's me ultimately decide where to spend my own dough. Anyway, at this point I don't even care if I don't like the damn top. I successfully ordered it in the name of...FYeahfreedom&democracy&cheeseburgers&...wait, where was I? Anyway...
 
PSA, folks: check with your bank or credit card co. or whatever because rules like this are becoming the norm. (I later found out that the first credit union I used had frozen a friend's card because he'd tried to make a purchase from CANADA!)



No comments:

Post a Comment