Monday, May 26, 2014

A little primer review...


I've tried a bunch of new (to me) products in the last months. I decided to lump these two primers into one post since they're quite similar in form and function. (Though not in result for me as you'll see.)

 
Tonymoly Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm
The Face Shop Face It Oil Cut Pore Balm
 
 


 

The actual balms- I was a little disappointed to see the small amount in the Tonymoly. I already knew the product was only in the base but still...kinda low in there.f
 
 
First up, The Face Shop since I got it first. I got this in The Face Shop's Bellaire shop while in Houston. It was my first time in the stand-alone store and the SA was just the nicest, most helpful young gal! After greeting me, she totally left me alone until I asked about the pore balms. She recommended the Oil Cut over Moisture since one of the qualities I was looking for was to make my makeup last. It's also to fill pores of course.
Unfortunately, I haven't had very good results from it. It's not as spreadable as I'd like, either with fingers or it's enclosed sponge. The texture is pretty dry and it just doesn't seem to adhere well. I think if you have truly oily skin and shallow pores it would do ok though.
 
 
But the Egg Pore balm? Different story! First of all, who doesn't need another Tonymoly figural jar in their collection? That's right. Nobody. (Actually I'll probably give it to Sprout once it's empty. Seems like a great place for his tiny Domo-kun.)
This really does what I need it to! It's soft but thick and spreads beautifully giving a soft matte finish. It really fills pores well while also just generally smoothing. It contains 'camellia and egg ingredients' (per the official description) to treat pores and smooth skin. It feels nice on and does make for smoother BB/base application. So yay!
 
I'll soon be in the market for a new oil cleanser and am considering the Egg Pore Blackhead Out Oil Gell.


No comments:

Post a Comment