Saturday, June 15, 2013

H Maaaaaaart!!!....

I got to go to H Mart OMGeeeeeee! H Mart is a (mostly) Korean supermarket in Houston. It's been there 30 years and I NEVER knew. I wasn't sure what to expect since I'd only heard about it's grocery, but when I walked in I swear a choir of angels descended. So big...so clean...so much of everything. A bakery/tea/smoothie counter, several food court style lunch counters, amazing produce and seafood, premade foods like tofu and mochi. And the markup was so much lower than other places as to possibly be nonexistent! (Yeah, Uwajimaya, this hairy eyeball's aimed at YOU.)
My mom even said she wants to go back and she only shops at, like, three places when I'm not in town. Sprout wasn't thrilled with the hour+ we spent, but once he discovered the snack aisle (Asia-exclusive Cheetos flavors!) his 'tude settled down.
I saved the beauty and housewares for last!

Solar Flower~ it wiggles in the sunlight!
$2.99 O.O
 
Chopstics set ~ $2.99

Portable chopsticks w/case ~ $3.99
 
Bar soaps and air fresheners. I got some pine incense.


 
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment