Sunday, May 27, 2012

New foundation FTW...


Yay for finally finding a foundation that will make my skin look better instead of worse! With the help of some great online reviews, I've discovered Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk.


Shade selection was daunting since you never know how something is going to look *on* and plus, some of the shades in the tubes looked very similar to each other. But JOY- one of the tubes on the Walgreens shelf was cracked and some product had oozed out! So I snuck a little off the tube and onto my hand. It got a bit darker on so I bought the lighter of the shades I'd been waffling over.
Well, Bamboo is AWESOME. It looks scary-light when I first apply but as I spread it it really starts to blend with my wonky skin tone. It looks so gooooood! (Heeee! I'm excited LOL) It makes my acne scars and discolorations a lot less noticeable while not making me look (or feel!) spackled. It also doesn't emphasize peach fuzz (of which I have rather a lot:-P) I'm not going to do swatch photos because they're so varied by my camera and monitors that I don't think they'd show much reality.
The formula is very runny, but still quite pigmented- light to med. coverage and buildable for sure. It has cucumber and some other things my skin really likes that are soothing.
I'd also decided recently that I needed new pressed powder. My old Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation looked and felt too heavy and was starting to make me itch. I chose Cover Girl Clean for sensitive skin in Classic Ivory:


I always wear Classic Ivory in their powders so that was easy:-) I chose to try it because it has few ingredients and is said to be finely milled. I ditched the furry puff it comes with and use a sponge which makes the powder lie more smoothly IME. It works great over the silk foundation and feels so light and nice.
I've worn this combo three full days and have had no clogged pores or irritation at day's end. Whew!

All in all, I can say that my skin now needs products that have fewer ingredients and lighter textures. I'm so happy to have a simpler product regimen again- and who'd have thought that with having MORE skin problems, simpler would be better?? Kind of reminds me of high school when I used very basic things!

No comments:

Post a Comment