Thursday, January 9, 2014

Holiday travels...



I'm so excited over the fact that the Offspring and I got to spend most of his winter break in Texas with family! We haven't visited in winter for, oh, seven years? Anyway, we had a blast with aunts and uncles and tons of cousins.
As always Mom and I did serious shopping- even if we're getting older and "shop 'till you drop" isn't so much of a joke now. Ha! I have much to tell about everywhere we went so more posts to come. But here're a little about the pics above...

~Red ginseng from a shop called...wait for it...Korean Red Ginseng. The shopkeeper was super-nice, let me take pics and gave us bottles of their own red ginseng tea.

~Mom's Christmas tree- all unbreakable ornaments in case her cats get crazy. Which they will.

~Delicious custard roll, cup cake and pork&onion roll from 99 Ranch.

~*hallowed whispers*The Face Shop AAUUGGHH!!! You can bet your sweet bippy I'll be posting some haulage. (ORLY, spellcheck? Were you around when Laugh-In was on? I think not. So I'll spell 'bippy' however I damn well want!)

~A-Wow the wind-up, racing penguin. We all got them in our Christmas crackers during the big second Christmas dinner. (Like second breakfast. Only a few days later when you're with *other* people you weren't with on actual Christmas.) Then we raced them across my aunt and uncle's massive table. I should mention that no one involved in this venture was under 24. And a couple were 75. And all sober.

~My fave winter socks- light/bright snowflakes, reindeer and hearts!

~Hedgehog pj's (hedgehogs have been my favorite animal forever, only recently narrowly surpassed by the mantis shrimp.)

~Gift bounty! Marzipan, gummy raspberries, games and the 3D glasses looking things? They make you see designs in lights. So if you look at the Christmas tree lights you'll see a snowflake or Santa's face or something on each one. Pretty cool. I want Krampus glasses.

~Hedgehog SLIPPERS for meeeeee! Let me tell you, Mom does *not* pick things out for me (except marzipan and gummies, obviously.) But OMG she knew she couldn't possibly go wrong with these!!

~My first latte art LOL. It was an accident at first then I blobbed the foam into a more bunny-like shape. So it's a smiling bunny. Seriously. It is.

~Little Twin Star inspired nail set- pastel for winter of course.

So there are some blog-relevant highlights! More to come...





No comments:

Post a Comment